Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Another holiday means more temptation to go out and spend money to celebrate. Whether you are Irish or not, people like to take the opportunity today to wear green, eat some corned beef, and wash it down with an Irish brew. There are many other ways to celebrate today as well. Here are some budgeting ideas for you to save some green this St. Patrick’s Day.
- Check out a local parade and get into the Irish spirit. This is great for the whole family and will most likely be free of charge.
- If you want to decorate a little bit around the house, don’t go to expensive craft stores. Opt to go to the Dollar Store to find great St. Patty’s decorations, and save some green.
- If you wish to celebrate by eating some traditional Irish food, instead of going out to a restaurant, find an easy recipe online and try to make it yourself. Visit Allrecipes.com or foodnetwork.com and filter the search to meet your needs. If you are planning on making tonight a date night, cook the meal together and have fun with it!
- Rent a movie inspired by the Irish. 411mania.com offers a list of the top 10 movies to watch on St. Patrick’s Day. Make an Irish coffee and bundle up on the couch for a relaxing evening.
- If you do not want to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, that is okay! Today is the start of the NCAA’s March Madness. So kick back and watch some basketball. You can still enjoy an Irish brew if you like, I won’t tell.
I hope you all have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Most importantly, even if you are feeling the luck of the Irish, be safe.
Do you want to know more about debt and how you can make smart financial decisions now that will help you secure a more prosperous financial future? Sign up for our newsletter for monthly money tips.