Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is Christian Credit Counselors?
2. Who can Christian Credit Counselors help?
3. What are the Qualifications?
4. How does Christian Credit Counselors help?
5. What is a Debt Management Program/Plan (DMP)?
6. What is the Debt Management Agreement/DMA?
7. How is my monthly payment determined and calculated?
8. What interest rates can I expect through Christian Credit Counselors?
9. Can I still use my cards while in the program?
10. Do my accounts have to be past due to qualify for the program?
11. Can Christian Credit Counselors stop creditor harassment?
12. Can Christian Credit Counselors help with Penalty Fees?
13. Will enrolling with Christian Credit Counselors negatively impact my credit rating?
14. Why is a Debt Management Plan superior to Bankruptcy?
15. Why is a Debt Management Plan superior to Debt Settlement?
16. Why should I enroll with Christian Credit Counselors?
17. How do I contact Christian Credit Counselors to enroll in the debt management plan?
Christian Credit Counselors provides and offers:
- Budget Counseling
- Credit Counseling
- Credit Report Counseling
- Financial Education
Christian Credit Counselors does not provide or offer:
- Debt Settlement Services
- Bankruptcy Services
- We do not lend money.
- WE ARE NOT A LOAN COMPANY.
Q: Who can Christian Credit Counselors help?
A: Christian Credit Counselors has helped over 300,000 individuals and families and continues to do so NATIONWIDE. Se Habla Español. Our certified counselors provide superior service and counseling nationwide. Christian Credit Counselors is currently licensed in 36 states and will answer questions and provide positive resolutions or refer to a trusted affiliate when needed.
Q: What are the Qualifications?
A: Individuals or families burdened with unsecured debt- credit cards, medical and or collection accounts. Ask yourself …. “Is my unsecured debt unmanageable and overwhelming?” Our Debt Management Plan will help serve as a ladder and be the tool you need to get out of the financial hole you’re in.
Q: How does Christian Credit Counselors help?
A: Turbo Debt Snowball!
By enrolling in Christian Credit Counselors’ Debt Management Program (DMP), your unsecured debt is consolidated into one low manageable monthly payment and in most cases you will receive reduced interest rates which allow the total debt to be paid off in full within an average of 3-5 years.
Q: What is a Debt Management Program/Plan (DMP)?
A: A DMP is a systematic way to pay in full your unsecured outstanding debt in full. Utilizing this voluntary agreement you will make monthly deposits to Christian Credit Counselors. All of your unsecured debt is consolidated into one convenient monthly payment. Christian Credit Counselors will send the funds directly to your creditors. It takes approximately 36-60 months to repay debts through a DMP.
Q: What is the Debt Management Agreement (DMA)?
A: The DMA is the written contract which transparently discloses all pertinent information of the Debt Management Plan to the consumer. The consumer will have the opportunity to review the agreement. Once the client returns the signed DMA, it will serve as authorization to enroll client in the DMP, pending first monthly payment.
Q: How is my monthly payment determined and calculated?
A: The monthly payment is determined by the amount of debt you owe. Each account is individually calculated and consolidated into one monthly payment. The monthly service fee calculation is determined by state regulations. Christian Credit Counselors caps our monthly fees at $75.00 even though some states allow a much higher amount.
Q: What interest rates can I expect through Christian Credit Counselors?
A: Christian Credit Counselors has long standing relationships with over 400 creditors. The interest rate reductions are pre-negotiated and disclosed at the time of enrollment. Individual results vary; APR: 0.00% to 15.99%.
Q: Can I still use my cards while in the program?
A: No. In order to comply with creditor requirements, accounts are closed when you enroll in the Debt Management Program. Closing the accounts also allows Christian Credit Counselors to calculate an estimated payoff date when you will be debt free!
Q: Do my accounts have to be past due to qualify for the program?
A: No. Christian Credit Counselors can help in either situation, whether current or past due. Christian Credit Counselors’ Turbo Debt Snowball consolidates all your credit cards, medical bills and even collection accounts into one monthly payment.
Q: Will enrolling with Christian Credit Counselors negatively impact my credit rating?
A: No. Your credit report may be noted as “managed by a credit counseling agency”; however, enrolling in a DMP does not directly impact your score. Please visit www.myfico.com for further details.
Your Revolving Credit to Debt Ratio is the number that helps lenders to determine your risk level. It is calculated by dividing your debt by the credit limits on your revolving accounts. A majority of consumers are at a 75% -90% ratio. The consumer is current but no longer able to use credit or have additional credit extended. Remember, the goal of the DMP is to develop a plan to ultimately improve your financial and credit standing.
Q: Why is a Debt Management Plan superior to Bankruptcy?
A: DMP is a better option to handle unsecured debt because Christian Credit Counselors is an advocate of paying back money that you have borrowed if you’re financially able to. The DMP status only remains as a note on your credit report for the duration of your plan and does not negatively impact your score. After successful completion of the DMP, you’re more likely to qualify for a mortgage or rent a home and qualify for auto or other types of loans. Most employers run background checks and upon viewing your credit report, they will see that you are a responsible consumer and potentially responsible employee.
Truths about Bankruptcy….
Bankruptcy costs money – filing fees, attorney fees, pre and post counseling fees and has strict requirements to qualify. Bankruptcy remains on your credit report for up to 10 years and negatively impacts your credit for years. It should be your last resort.
Debt Management Plan
- 501 (C) 3 Non-Profit
- Max $75 Monthly Fee
- Existing Relationships with Creditors
- Lower Interest Rates
- Credit Score Not Negatively Impacted
- Progression on Principle Balance
- Pay Back All of Your Debt
- For Profit
- Hundreds in Start-Up Fees $$
- Creditors generally refuse participation
- Informed to STOP paying Creditors
- Credit Score Ruined
- Original Debt now Doubles or Triples
- Owe Taxes on “Forgiven” Debt
- Council on Accreditation (COA)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) A+ rating
- National Association of Certified Credit Counselors (20+ Certified Credit Counselors)
- Awarded a Certificate of Recognition by the California State Assembly in acknowledgement of our work in helping individuals burdened by financial pressures.
- Member of the Financial Counseling Association of America (FCAA)
Q: How do I contact Christian Credit Counselors to enroll in the debt management plan?
A: Call, come in or visit us online. Our Certified Credit Counselors are happy to provide you with a FREE Budget Analysis and Debt Management Quote today!