Money, Love, and Marriage

adminChristian Credit Counselors, Credit, Credit Cards, Credit Counseling, Debit & Your Credit Score, Debt, Debt Settlement, Finance, Money Management, Personal Goals, SavingLeave a Comment

Marriage and Money Roses are red; violets are blue. No matter the cost, I’ll stand by you… Have you had the talk yet?…You know, the one about money, spending habits, future goals, budgeting…? If you haven’t, it should be a top priority for your relationship.  If you have, have it again.  Discussing finances should be a regular and healthy part … Read More

Debt Settlement – Full of Empty Promises

adminChristian Credit Counselors, Credit Counseling, Debit & Your Credit Score, Debt, Debt Settlement

Empty Debt Settlement Promises “Cut your debt in half fast!” “Put a stop to the harassing creditor calls!” To desperate ears, these catch phrases sound very enticing. Debt settlement agencies make all kinds of promises, but can’t necessarily deliver. They allude to having all the answers to your financial problems and want you to trust them to free you from … Read More

Investing 101

adminInvesting, Money ManagementLeave a Comment

You and Your Investments Maybe you have asked yourself, “How do I start investing?”  It’s very simple, but before you start, make sure you have your house, budget, and savings in order.  There are many things you can invest in: stocks, bonds, mutual funds and real estate, to name a few. Bonds One type of investment can be in the … Read More

Mortgage Loan Types – Home Buying

adminHome, Home & Mortgage, House, Loans, MortgageLeave a Comment

Home Buyers and First Loans Buying your first home? You may be thinking the hardest decision you have to make is picking a house.  However, the hardest decision you will be making in this process is what mortgage loan to sign for.  The main types of loans are: fixed rate, adjustable rate, interest only and reverse. Federal Housing Administration (FHA) … Read More

Credit Reports – The Knowledge You need to Know

adminChristian Credit Counselors, Debit & Your Credit Score, Money ManagementLeave a Comment

Improving Your Credit Score The best way to improve your credit score is to improve your knowledge on credit reports.  There are three major credit bureaus that put together your credit report: Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian.  Although the information they gather is yours, you do not own it, these agencies own your information.  They have collected the information and they … Read More

Student Loan Forgiveness Options

adminKids & Money, Loans, Student LoansLeave a Comment

Student Loan Forgiveness After my last post about Student Loans, I received a question asking for more in depth information about student loan forgiveness.  I researched and found the following information.  These are the careers that can possibly eliminate your student loans.  If you decide to partake in one of these programs, make sure beforehand that you can use it … Read More

Financial Planning – The Importance of an Emergency Fund

adminBudgeting, Credit CounselingLeave a Comment

A National Foundation for Credit Counseling Poll A recent online poll released by the NFCC (National Foundation for Credit Counseling) revealed that a majority of American consumers don’t have enough savings to cover a $1000 emergency expense. Only 36 percent of respondents said that they would have enough to cover a $1000 unplanned expense, the remaining 64 percent of those … Read More

Student Loan Repayment Plans

adminStudent LoansLeave a Comment

Repaying Student Loans Congratulations Class of 2011! You finally got that college degree! What an exciting accomplishment. However, that moving-over-of-the-tassel means you’ll need to face your student loan sooner rather than later. Typically, you get a six-month grace period after graduation before you need to begin the repayment process. But don’t wait until December to start considering your options. There … Read More